AMD have launched new drivers right out of the gate for the latest Windows update, creatively named ‘April 2018 Update’.
Time for an upgrade? Here are the best graphics cards of 2018.
If you like to stay on top of your Windows updates, then you’ll want to make sure to pick up the latest AMD drivers to make sure everything runs smoothly post-patch. The Adrenalin Software package brings initial support for the most recent Windows update, alongside some minor updates for visual bugs in a few titles, including: World of Final Fantasy, Stellaris, Call of Duty: World War II, and Sea of Thieves.
AMD’s built-in recording platform, ReLive, also gets a minor bug fix that hopes to prevent recording failure during gameplay when desktop recording is disabled.
You’ll have to manually download the Windows April 2018 update if you want it right now. It’s easy enough to do, just follow the download and install steps from Microsoft’s official page here.
Here’s the full run-down:
- Water textures may not render or may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy.
- Stellaris may experience an application hang on loading screens.
- Call of Duty: World War II may experience corruption during some gaming applications unless desktop recording is enabled.
- Sea of Thieves may experience flickering in some game menus on multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience an application hand when launched using DirectX12 API.
- World of Tanks may experience minor corruption on ground textures.
- Eyefinity settings may not retain after Radeon Software update.
- Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
- Destiny 2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
- Some DirectX9 games or applications may experience a hand or system instability when being run on multi GPU system configurations utilising four GPUs.
- Netflix playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.